Fire On High Organic Recipes
Organic Chicken Bone Broth Recipe
Organic Chicken Bones
Organic Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice
Organic Onions, Carrots, Celery or Leeks (chopped)
Organic Black Peppercorns, 5-6
Organic Bay Leaves, 1
3 tsp garlic (minced)
2 sprigs of thyme (or 1 tbsp dried)
2 sprigs of rosemary (or 1 tbsp dried)
1. Put the organic chicken bones, organic vegetables, vinegar, herbs and seasoning into a large pot.
2. Cover the contents with cold water and put the lid on.
3. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer with the lid on for at least 6 hours. Up to 12 hours is optimum, allowing the bones to begin to break down and release nutrients.
4. Use a spoon to skim off any foam that sits on the top of the broth as it cooks.
5. Once cooked, strain the broth through a fine sieve. Enjoy right away or allow to completely cool before storing in the fridge or freezer.